Sometimes, I write.

Healer

This is my favorite month of the year for more reasons than one, but if you think about it, it’s not the perfect month.  It’s not as cold and beautiful as a foggy December morning, it’s not as pleasant and lively as an April evening breeze. It’s humid, it’s tacky, it has potholes and ditches with rainwater. It is a prequel to something beautiful that is about to come but not there yet. I carry this taste with me in everything I like, including people.


I am not a fan of perfection. I think it is highly overrated. I like broken things and I like fixing them. Maybe it’s a symptom I need to get checked out but for now let’s assume I’m normal. I find people who know what it means to be crumbled, appealing. They have been shattered before and they have learned how to pick up those fragmented pieces, stick it all together and move on. The one quality which will be synonymous among them is that you will never realize just how ruptured they have been until they let you. You could spend years knowing a person and still know nothing about them. That doesn't make them two faced, not at all, it’s just their way of caring about you, because they know their baggage is too heavy for someone else to share. So they’ll carry it themselves for as long as they have to without even an inclination of bowing down because of the weight. These are the people who have so much personality hidden inside them that no one unearths. I aspire to be someone who could unwrap it, even if it’s just the top most layer. It’s a healing feeling that I can’t describe. I know I sound twisted, maybe it’s my own blanket I unfolded tonight, maybe it doesn't need to be a person to do that, a blank sheet of paper holds more power than most things in life and maybe a blank sheet of paper is my healer indeed.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment...