Sometimes, I write.

Just What Life Does To You


"No matter how hard you fight it, you fall. And it’s hard. Except if there’s an upside to free falling. It’s the chance you give your friends to catch you." -  Grey’s Anatomy.


Alright, my mid-terms are starting from tomorrow. So what’s the right thing to do? Exactly! Get a crazy TV show addiction. But no, this isn't about the show. This isn't about philosophy, this isn't about humor. So what’s this about, let’s just go ahead and see where it goes, maybe it is about the show after all.

LIFE has changed, for good, for now. No, not trying to be a pseudo pessimist here but if you read my last post you know what has changed. The thing about changes is, you never know how long they are going to last. With major changes comes major transformations (yes sue me for stealing the Spiderman tagline). For one, I have lost the art of concentration. Yes, my attention span has reduced to less than that of a sparrow. So mid terms are officially screwed. But that’s not what is bothering me right now. In fact it’s the least of my concerns. The thing with attention span is, it’s required for far more important activities than study. To begin with, reading. The lost art it seems. It's been years since I waited for this moment, when I can read the stuff I want to read, as much as I want to read, without a hint of obligation to do something else, without the urgency to finish as fast as I can. And now that I have finally reached that stage, I seem to have lost the capability to read. Did I wait too long? Is it a skill you lose if you don’t practice it frequently enough? I don’t know and I hope it isn’t. Just want to go back to where I left it, for once I do not have the strength to start all over again.

While we are still ranting, one more custom made cliché. Why do we ever get over people we used to like? There are stages of letting others into your life:  you meet them, you like them, you get to know them, you like them some more and then somehow you never realize when they become a part of your existence. Then, as time passes, in between those close moments and those distances that seep in, somehow, slowly you drift apart even when you never intended to. You meet new people, interesting people and the cycle continues. I want out, I want to hold on to people I have in my life currently, I want to break the cycle but this transformation I talked about earlier is exactly what might cause this cycle to start spinning all over again. It’s scary.

Anyway, let’s just hold it there. Not the post I wanted to write but if you don’t let your thoughts free fall when you write, you don’t deserve to write at all.

Adios, pray that I don’t flunk in what might probably be among the last sets of exams I give in my life :D

2 comments :

Reader's Comments

  1. when you write,
    if you don’t let your thoughts free fall
    you don’t deserve to write at all.

    (It rhymes) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete