Sometimes, I write.

Finally a FIFA post!


Since almost every soul alive on the face of the earth I know, knows that the FIFA World Cup is going on. And I was desperately thinking about something to post related to this, but couldn’t somehow find anything interesting enough or something “not-talked/heard-about” yet.

And I have definitely decided that from now on, I am never going to write my predictions about the results of any sporting event ever again after the disastrous result of my last attempt :@ MY FRENCH DELIGHT (French open). This I say, not only because I think not even a single soul read it. But also because making predictions about each and every stage of the tournament, with explanations and reasoning takes a hell of a lot of effort and actual study (of records, recent form of the players, statistics etc. etc) Now even the effort part is not my reason of angst. What actually gets on my nerves is the fact that even after all this endeavor on your part, by the end of the tournament, you realize how one single player can change the face of a competition upside down, one wild card entry or one wrong move by your favorite and the championship is lost. What you are left with is your blog, which has a post whose predictions appear to have been made by the most ignorant of followers imaginable. Actually my predictions were as close to the actual results as I am close to becoming 7ft tall.   

Coming back to FIFA… I had almost decided to give the World Cup post a miss (coz of my lack of ability to find anything worthwhile), but then, I stumbled upon this pic …  
I thought I’d post this awesome ad for Louis Vuitton featuring football’s three retired greats – Zidane, Pele, and Maradona.
-->
Photographed by Annie Leibovitz
I so love the concept. Three football greats bent over a game of foosball. Isn’t that so cool? The product is left in the background so I don’t know how successful an advertisement this is. But I love the image :D, and Zidane certainly looks fit enough to go for another World Cup or two.

 

4 comments :

Reader's Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete